ANIMATION STATE MACHINE EDITOR
A visual animation state machine editor and debugger. Please note that the following result is a minimum viable product and has not been polished.
CREATING STATES & TRANSITIONS
Creating a state is as easy as right clicking anywhere and pressing “New State” and making a transition to another state can simply be done by dragging from its output source into the target states input source.
STATE & TRANSITION PROPERTIES
States and transitions has a bunch of properties to modify its behaviour to suit the needs of the state machine creator.
- A state can be an animation or a blend tree
- It has events it can dispatch which can have callbacks within the code
- Looping and timescale
- If root motion is enabled for that state or not
- Cross fade transition properties and conditions for a specific transition to be taken
DEBUGGING THE MACHINE & LIVE EDITING
Being as visual editor, it was very easy to add debugging capabilities such as:
- Visualizing transitions between states
- Seeing current state progress
- Seeing and modifying live parameters values
This makes it significantly easier to understand what is happending while making a state machine.